If you keep up to date with any of the 2019 latest trends or breakout industries, you’ve probably heard of CBD.
The industry has taken off like a rocket ship and the market for CBD based products has grown more than 500% in the past 3 years. CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a naturally occurring compound found in the cannabis sativa plant.
In this article, we’ll dive into why we think CBD oil will become a staple in skin care. As cannabis finds its way into the health and beauty industry, CBD creams are the next big thing in topical treatment.
What exactly is CBD oil?
Cannabinoids are compounds found in the cannabis sativa plant. The most popular of the bunch is called cannabidiol, or CBD for short.
For CBD products to be sold commercially, each plant must be cultivated with minimal THC. When a plant contains less than 0.3% THC, it is legally classified as hemp.
CBD and other cannabinoids are derived from legal hemp extract. They can be sold without restrictions across most states. Anything over 0.3% cannot be classified as hemp and therefore is illegal to sell federally.
CBD and other cannabinoids bind to receptors in the human body's endocannabinoid system (ECS). The term "full spectrum CBD" means that the product contains multiple cannabinoids.
There are over 100 cannabinoids found in the hemp plant that are being studied for their therapeutic effects in aiding inflammation, joint pain, stress, and sleep.
CBD infused creams are the next big thing
CBD cream is just cream with CBD extract mixed in. The best creams are surprisingly the simplest, and only include a handful of natural ingredients. Our rule of thumb is to choose the best CBD lotions that include ingredients you can pronounce and are familiar with.
Benefits of CBD cream
Cannabidiol is infused into many different types of products that serve different purposes. Unlike CBD edibles, CBD vapes, and hemp oils that you consume orally, a CBD pain cream is applied directly to the skin.
Therefore, creams are more targeted to a specific area and do not require the same amount of potency as their counterparts.
1. Chronic pain relief
Applying a CBD oil lotion for pain can help spot relief areas of pain. A cream that is applied directly to your target area does not need to be as potent as an edible or oil based CBD product since it is concentrated on one area.
Edible and oil based products distribute CBD throughout your bloodstream. You will need a greater dosage to relieve specific areas of pain. This can be expensive and less effective.
It's important to listen to your body and really figure out what's causing your pain. Pain can be tricky because the source of the pain can be misleading.
For example, a throbbing headache can be caused by tension in the neck. Lower back pain on the other hand can be caused by a handful of problems so it's important to accurately diagnose.
2. Healthy skin
Aging skin is inevitable but we can do our part to slow down the process. The two things in our control is wearing sunscreen in the day and anti-aging creams at night.
CBD has anti-inflammatory and anti-aging properties making it great for your skin. Unlike shea butter, hemp seed oil is the most unsaturated oil in the plant kingdom.
This means it clogs pores less and is a great moisturizer for aging skin. Additionally, our cbd lotion can help with acne, psoriasis, and eczema.
Make it a priority to keep your skin as healthy and youthful as possible. It's never too late to start and you'll thank yourself later.
3. Post workout recovery for sore muscles
Fitness enthusiasts usually work out for two reasons. The first is maintaining a healthy heart while the second is adding muscle mass.
A CBD lotion for pain improves muscle recovery post workout. It also improves quality of sleep which is vital for stimulating protein synthesis.
After an intense weight training session, you'll notice that your sore muscles feel swollen and stiff. For example, you may have a hard time flexing your biceps after working out your arms. Another example is an extremely sore and stiff lower body after a good leg workout.
Applying a CBD pain cream will help reduce this inflammation. CBD in its nature will also help with sleep. This is important because getting poor sleep results in less muscle growth.
4. Runners knee and arthritis inflammation
CBD is renowned for its anti inflammatory effects. In one study, cannabinoids helped fight inflammation as much as the drug phenylbutazone (pbz) but without any of the negative side effects.
Arthritis is the leading cause of inflammation in the United States. The two most common types of arthritis is Rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and Osteoarthritis (OA).
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA): A disease where a person's joints are attacked by their own immune system. Common areas of pain include hands and feet. Common symptoms include pain, swelling, and stiff joints.
- Osteoarthritis (OA): A degenerative disease that deteriorates bones and cartilage in the joints. Common areas of pain include the hip, knee, and thumb joints.
A 2016 study found that the topical application of CBD had the potential to relieve pain and inflammation associated with arthritis. There are a handful of studies showing CBD to be an effective relief aid but there is still not enough to make conclusive assumptions.
Runner's knee first and foremost is not only for runners. It's a broad term that represents pain in the knee from overuse over a small time period.
In most cases, runner's knee is one of two options: Iliotibial band syndrome or Patellofemoral syndrome. IT band syndrome is pain on the side of the knee while Patellofemoral is on the front kneecap.
Many runners who deal with swelling incorporate CBD into their daily recovery regimen. We suggest applying CBD cream for pain wherever you feel knee pain or inflammation.
How to use CBD cream
First we must temper our expectations. Cannabis and hemp products are not cure-alls. Do not expect years of arthritis to magically disappear overnight.
This is the simply truth and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. What you can expect is subtle, consistent, pain relief that makes the entire experience a bit more tolerable.
- Take time to figure out where your pain is originating from. This is actually not as straightforward as you may think. Headaches can originate from the neck. Leg muscle imbalances can cause lower back pain. Common sore spots include the temple, neck, joints, wrists, shoulders, and soles of your feet.
- Clean the affected area before applying cream. Nothing crazy here, just make sure the affected area is free of dirt and excess bacteria that we naturally collect throughout the day. Make sure your skin is dry.
- Generously administer the pain-relieving cream over your targeted area. Apply a comfortable amount of pressure and feel free to add a second layer.
- Wash your hands afterwards. Common citric and mint ingredients in lotions can irritate your eyes if contacted.
Choosing the right CBD product for your needs
Cannabidiol has therapeutic benefits that improve quality of life. However, different CBD products are meant for different purposes.
If you're stuck choosing between oil and topicals, we may be able to help.
- For pain or inflammation, opt for Urbul's CBD cream. Creams and rubs helps treat localized pains in specific areas.
- For skin care, Urbul CBD creams are the way to go. Each natural ingredient compliments each other to provide anti-aging, moisturizing, and sun protecting effects.
- For stress or anxiety, we suggest cbd hemp oil tinctures. These are high potency 1000mg full spectrum CBD oils. Oil tinctures spread through your bloodstream evenly when ingested.
- For sleep or insomnia, we suggest our vegan non-gmo CBD gummies with melatonin. These are potent edible gummy bears infused with CBD and Melatonin. Each gummy has 30mg of CBD and 2mg of melatonin which helps regulate sleep.
- For fast acting CBD, we suggest our CBD vape starter kits. Vaping CBD is the fastest ingestion method since the vapor bypasses your digestive system and enters the bloodstream directly.
Urbul sells high quality hemp products
Urbul presents the best CBD cream for pain with natural ingredients. Urbul's CBD cream for pain is rich in natural ingredients to make your face glow.
We strip our essential oils of unnecessary additives. Our high-quality cbd lotion recipe is non-greasy, anti-aging, and moisturizing. Urbul sources CBD from industrial hemp grown in Colorado. Take our CBD quiz to see which CBD product is right for you.
Urbul's natural ingredients
- Aloe Vera - improves collagen and is a natural moisturizer
- Cocoa Butter - smooths wrinkles and improves skin elasticity
- Coconut Oil - fights congested pores and has antibacterial properties
- Olive Oil - an underrated natural moisturizer
- Cannabidiol - Powerful anti-aging and anti-inflammatory effects
- Chamomile - neutralizes free radicals to reduce skin irritants
- Vitamin E - protects skin from sun's harmful UVB rays
- Cinnamon - natural skin lightener and acne scar reducer
- Blood Orange Essential Oil - increase skin's ability to absorb vitamins
Are you wondering where to buy cbd cream for pain? Or where can I buy cbd cream near me? Or where to buy CBD cream near me? These are common questions we often receive.
Since the passing of the Farm bill, CBD is federally legal. Read our CBD state laws article to see if your state allows CBD.
Consult with a physician before use if you have a serious medical condition or use prescription medications. A Doctor’s advice should be sought before using this and any supplemental dietary product. Representations regarding the efficacy and safety of Urbul have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).