What is CBD lotion?
CBD cream is a topical cream infused with CBD oil and other ingredients that is designed to be applied directly to the skin. Our cannabidiol is extracted from industrial hemp that is extracted with cO2 supercritical extraction in Denver, Colorado. Cannabidiol infused products can provide a variety of benefits like pain relief and inflammation relief. CBD topicals are also known as topical creams, lotions, and ointments/salves. CBD creams differ from ointments and salves, but are used the same way. Ointments and CBD salves typically have a semi-solid almost mucus consistency. Ointments are made with a combination of oils, water, alcohols opposed to creams that involve water and a type of aqueous substance.
How is lotion made?
CBD creams are made with the extracted oils from the cannabis sativa plant or hemp plant. The ingredients vary from brand-to-brand. Urbul's Topical CBD cream is made with high-quality natural ingredients, it is non-greasy, anti-aging, and moisturizing. Our 500mg CBD lotion is packed also contains natural ingredients like: aloe vera, cocoa butter, coconut oil, olive oil, cannabidiol, chamomile, vitamin E, cinnamon, and blood orange essential oil.
How to use Topical CBD lotion
CBD lotion has the same consistency as regular lotion but with anti-inflammatory, pain-relieving effects. Administer the cream over the specific area that is causing pain or the dry skin area. Here are a few steps that we suggest doing:
- Find the area that is causing pain. Those with headaches, the pain usually originates from the neck. Other common sore spots are in the temple, neck, joints, wrists, shoulders, and soles of your feet.
- Clean the area that the cream is going to be applied on. It's always important to make sure that the affected area is free of dirt and bacteria. Once it's cleaned, let the area dry up.
- Put the amount desired on the affected area. Add a comfortable amount of pressure and add more lotion if needed.
- Wash your hands! Once you are done massaging the cream in the affected area remember to wash your hands. The ingredients used in lotions can irritate your eyes if contacted.
How long does it take to feel the effects?
Topical CBD oil cream does not to be as potent as CBD edibles or tinctures since the product is concentrated on one area. Once the topical cream is applied, the effects can take anywhere from a few minutes to an hour. Cannabinoids penetrates the skin barrier and affect the endocannabinoid system directly instead of having to go through the bloodstream or digestive system. It usually takes a few minutes to feel the pain-relief effects, but that time depends on the quality of the CBD product. The quality and potency of CBD is very important. It's important to make sure to look for quality CBD products that are made from top-tier industrial hemp. Reputable companies will always provide a CoA (Certificate of Analysis) to show the cannabinoid test results.
Benefits of CBD Cream
CBD, scientifically known as cannabidiol, produces non-psychoactive effects and is proven to generate immense healing beneficial abilities. Studies show that cannabidiol helps with aiding in pain by directly targeting the body's endocannabinoid system. Because of this, there is now an immense selection of CBD products to choose from. These infused products are made to treat symptoms of chronic pain, inflammation, anxiety, insomnia, and so much more. It's important to know that it is not a cure to all pain-related issues, it's more of a pain management option. CBD can provide subtle, consistent, pain relief that makes symptoms of certain medical conditions tolerable.
Topical pain creams infused with CBD can aid with:
- Muscle pain
- Muscle soreness
- Arthritis pain
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Skin conditions
CBD Topicals vs CBD Hemp Oils for pain
All CBD is not created equal. Every product can be taken in different ways, potency levels vary, and the ingredients vary. But the benefits it can provide are the same. CBD oils and topical lotions have their own unique uses, but can produce the same pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory effects. But what is the best for pain management? That depends on the type of pain or inflammation that needs managing.
CBD topical creams are ideal for people who want to relieve pain in a specific area. Infused creams can be applied on sore muscles, sunburns, arthritis, dry skin, etc. It's applied topically and can produce effects within minutes. This makes it ideal for joint pain since it's anti-inflammatory properties provide rapid and pain relief in specific areas.
CBD oil does a great job at reducing stress, anxiety, and effects of chronic pain. People with joint pain and arthritis pain can utilize these oils, but the effects take a little longer to kick in. It works for people who need general relief and those dealing with specific ailments might need a higher dose of to alleviate symptoms.
Best ingredients for CBD lotions
Here is a list of well documented and researched ingredients for skin lotions. These ingredients are infused in most high end lotions and your CBD topical products should contain most of these along with natural CBD extract.
- Aloe Vera
- Olive Oil
- Vitamin E
- Coconut Oil
- Coconut extract
- Blood orange essential oil
- Cocoa butter
How to find the best CBD topical product for you
Hemp oil and CBD oils are popular skin care ingredients. The increasing popularity has led to a massive amount of cannabidiol infused products, like lotions and creams, in the market. Here are a few tips on how to pick the best CBD topical for you:
- Quality is everything! Not all CBD is created equal, remember. So make sure that the company you are purchasing from uses top-quality industrial hemp CBD and natural ingredients that are safe for the skin.
- Transparency is key. A reputable brand will offer a third-party lab result included in every order so the consumer knows exactly what they are consuming or putting on their body. Make sure the ingredients are clearly listed on the label and/or site. Since it is a topical product, make sure you aren't buying a product that might give you an allergic reaction.
- Determine the type of CBD topical product (cream, salves, ointments) you need. As we mentioned earlier, there is a slight difference between infused creams, salves and ointments. Salves and ointments use fatty oils and wax as a base with no water. Lotions and creams use moisturizing agents and a little bit of water. So if you need something more moisturizing go with the CBD infused lotion, if you prefer a oil/wax then go for the infused salves or ointments.
It's important to do diligent research on different types of CBD and brands to ensure that you are buying the best CBD product for you.
Urbul CBD Lotion
Urbul specializes in full spectrum CBD and CBD isolate products from non-gmo industrial hemp. Urbul's cooling therapy contains 500mg of rich hemp extract along with essential vitamins and minerals that nourish your skin. The 2oz container is travel friendly and will fit perfectly in your travel toiletry bag. Urbul's CBD cream contains CBD oil or hemp extract, not hemp seed oil. If you use prescription medications or have a serious medical condition, please seek a doctor's advice before shopping for hemp products.
Use this lotion to help relieve symptoms for
- sore joints
- sore muscle tissue
- damaged skin areas
- acne scars
- dry skin