Vaping CBD is one of the faster ways to get CBD into your system. Vaping CBD is inhaled directly into your lungs and then into your bloodstream. You can and will start feeling the effects after vaping CBD oil approximately 10 to 20 minutes after inhalation and for this reason, vaping CBD is becoming increasingly popular. Unlike other methods of consumption, CBD when inhaled does not need to pass through the liver to be broken down. The only other faster method of getting CBD into your system is injection.
Can you vape CBD oil?
Yes, you can definitely vape CBD oil just as long as it's a PG/VG blend of CBD vape oil. We do not recommend vaping CBD tinctures or anything with a MCT oil base. MCT oil stands for medium-chain triglyceride and contains contains medium-length chains of fats called triglycerides.
Why you should not vape MCT oil
Currently, vaping MCT oil is a hot debate topic. Some strongly believe that vaping MCT oil is fine, others disagree. When you heat MCT oil, it produces a smoke whereas heating alcohol will produce vapor because MCT oil is an oil vs PG being an alcohol. So, to avoid any issues, we simply recommend not vaping CBD oil with MCT as a base. Just stick to vaping PG/VG blends until more research indicates otherwise.
What is the best CBD oil for vaping
Anything with a PG/VG blend is the best CBD oil for vaping. The flavoring of the CBD oil is 100% up to you. Different brands make different CBD vape oil with their unqiue signature flavors. Some companies use CBD isolate while others use full spectrum hemp CBD extract. So, determining the best CBD oil for vaping is purely subjective as long as the CBD vape oil is 3rd party lab tested for potency. Otherwise you'd just be paying a premium for regular vape juice.
How to vape CBD oil?
Before you can start vaping CBD, you first need to understand how to vape CBD oil or rather what to vape CBD oil with. There are 3 important components that you will need to start vaping CBD:
- CBD vape juice - This is the liquid that you will be heating to produce the vapor that inhaled into your system. It is composed off hemp CBD, propylene glycol (PG), vegetable glycerin (VG), flavoring extracts, and sweetener (if applicable).
- Atomizer or cartridge - This is the tank that will hold your CBD vape juice. The atomizer or cartridge has a wicking unit that slowly wicks the CBD vape juice when then makes contact with the vape battery for the heating process.
- Vape battery - The battery is responsible for heating up the atomizer or cartridge. In the process of heating up the atomizer or cartridge, it produces vapor that travels upwards through the mouthpiece for the end user to inhale.
You will need all the above to start vaping cbd. At Urbul, we have our own CBD vape pens which contains everything you need to vape CBD oil. Our pod system is specifically designed for CBD vaping and you won't need to worry about buying 3 of the components separately.
Does CBD vape oil get you high?
No, vaping CBD oil will not get you high. Unlike THC, vaping CBD oil does not produce the psychoactive effects that THC produces. In fact, you will actually feel an opposite calming effect when vaping CBD. Even the most potent CBD vape oil will not make feel sluggish, confused, or what many refer to as "high".
How much CBD should I vape?
Vaping the correct dosage of CBD is paramount to getting all the benefits of CBD. Read our How much CBD should you vape article for more information. Figuring "how much CBD should I vape" boils down to a variety of factors:
- Severity of the condition - There is a direct correlation with how much CBD you should vape vs the severity of the condition that you are trying to target. The more severe, the more CBD you should vape. If you're just vaping CBD for simple calming effects, then you don't need to dose that much.
- Body weight/body composition - Every person is unique and different. Body weight matters when calculating how much CBD should be vaped. A person's body composition also matters. Each and every person's endocannabinoid system differs from another. Vaping CBD may have different effects for your friend than yourself. Your friend may require a couple more puffs than you to feel the CBD effects.
- Strength of the vape device being used in wattage - This factor matters a lot. The wattage of your vape battery or vape device is solely responsible in creating the vapor that you inhale. So, a CBD oil vape pen that is 9 watts will produce way less vapor than a 200 watts vape box mod. And this greatly influences how much CBD one should vape.
- Quality of the CBD vape juice - Lower quality CBD products have issues that can complicate the absorption process. It will just take longer for our bodies to process the inhaled substance.
Please reference the chart below:
|< 25lbs||26-45 lbs||46-85 lbs||86-150 lbs||151-240 lbs||>241 lbs|
|None - mild||4.5 mg||6 mg||9 mg||12 mg||18 mg||22.5 mg|
|Medium||6 mg||9 mg||12 mg||15 mg||22.5 mg||30 mg|
|Severe||9 mg||12 mg||15 mg||18 mg||27 mg||45 mg|